How to test smoke alarm
By the regulation Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) regulation 2015.
Requires that from 1 October 2015 the private rented sector landlords to have.
• A smoke alarm on every floor of the rental property.
• A carbon monoxide alarm in any room used as living accommodation where solid fuel is used, from there the landlord should make sure the alarms are functional after each tenancy.
2. Who is responsible the check that the fire alarms are working correctly?
The Landlords is responsible to make sure alarms are functional at the start of each tenancy.
After that is to tenants to take responsibility for their own safety and test fire alarms regularly.
3. How many types of fire alarms are in domestic properties?
Standard fire alarm- That is usually located in communal areas as corridor, lobby.
Heat alarm- Are located in kitchens.
4. All Smoke alarms have a test button, when you press it under test mode is should cause the alarm to sound and the sound to pass from one fire alarm to another, whether they are hardly wired or communicate through wireless. Once a month use a long stick broom etc and press the test button.